Bennetts Court Holiday Cottages
Booking Terms and Conditions - January 2020
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY. WHEN YOU MAKE A RESERVATION REQUEST WITH US (WHETHER BY EMAIL, TELEPHONE OR POST), THESE CONDITIONS ARE DEEMED TO HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED BY YOU.
Bookings and Payments
- This is a legally binding contract between the owners of Bennetts Court Holiday Cottages (Property Owner) and the Holidaymaker.
- The Holidaymaker is the person who signs the booking form or, in the case of online booking, the person who makes the online payment. This person is responsible for ensuring all members of the holiday party accept and adhere to these terms and conditions.
- The booking deposit is payable within 7 days of the provisional booking being taken. The booking is taken on a provisional basis until the deposit has been paid in full and funds cleared through the banking system (where appropriate). The booking then becomes confirmed. Until the booking is confirmed, it can be cancelled at any time without prior notice.
- The balance of the rental charge is payable not less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the holiday. Failure to pay the deposit or balance in full by the due dates will constitute a cancellation of the holiday by the Holidaymaker. Please be sure to note the due dates of these payments as reminders are not routinely issued.
- Bookings made less than 6 weeks prior to the arrival date must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- Cancellation of the booking by the Holidaymaker should be made in writing and addressed to:
Mr J. Swetman, Bennetts Court, Whitstone, Holsworthy, Devon, EX22 6UD
The cancellation only takes effect when the Property Owner has received written confirmation from the Holidaymaker.
- In the event of a cancellation, we will attempt to re-let the property and if successful, a discretionary payment may be made otherwise no refund will be made. In all cases an Administration charge of £25 will be made. We strongly recommend you take out holiday cancellation insurance.
- If for any reason beyond the owners control the property is not available on the date booked, all rent and charges paid in advance will be refunded in full. We accept no further liability.
- Whilst every care is taken to provide a true and accurate description of the property, over time, alterations are made and some things do change. The Holidaymaker accepts that no refunds are available for such discrepancies.
- The Property Owner reserves the right to enter the property, at a reasonable time, in the event of an emergency or remedial repair work being required.
- The Property Owner reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone, who in the Property Owner's opinion is not suitable to or capable of taking charge of the property.
- The Property Owner reserves the right to ask the Holidaymaker and their party to leave the property, without refund, should the behaviour of the Holidaymaker and/or their party be considered by the Property Owner to be unacceptable.
- The maximum number of people entitled to stay at this property is as stated on the booking form and only those people named on the booking form are entitled to stay. If it is found that more people than agreed are using the property, this will be considered a breach of contract and the Holidaymaker and his/her party will be asked to leave immediately without any refund. Sub letting or assignation of the let is prohibited.
- Every effort will be made to have the property available for the agreed time on the day of arrival. The property must be vacated by the specified time on the booking form on the day of departure. Late departure may result in an additional charge being made.
- We do not accept any liability for loss, injury or damage suffered by you, or any member of your party, during your stay. Vehicles and possessions are left entirely at the risk of the Holidaymaker.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Smoking is not allowed in any of the cottages in any form including e-cigarettes. Facilities are provided in the barbecue barn.
- Rules for the use of the swimming pool will be advised on arrival. Use of the pool is conditional upon acceptance of these rules.
- We would like to think the Holidaymaker and party would treat the property as they would their own home and at the end of the holiday the property is left in a clean and tidy condition. The Property Owner retains the right to make an additional charge for cleaning should the property not be left in a similar condition to the way it was found at the start of the holiday.
- The Holidaymaker should make every effort to keep the property, fixtures and fittings and all contents in the same state of repair and condition as at the start of the holiday. Any accidental damage or breakages should be reported to the Property Owner prior to departure. The Property Owner retains the right to make an additional charge for damage and breakages although it should be noted that minor breakages and reasonable wear and tear (in the opinion of the Property Owner) will not be charged for.
- Every endeavour is made to ensure your stay with us is memorable for all the right reasons. However, we do recognise that from time to time things do go wrong. In these circumstances, it is the responsibility of the Holidaymaker to make any such problem known to the Property Owner immediately it becomes apparent, thereby giving the Property Owner the opportunity to correct the situation. Unless this procedure is followed, no subsequent claim will be entertained.
- The Property Owner will make every endeavour to rectify any identified problems as soon as is reasonably possible.
- Pets must not be left unaccompanied in the property at any time.
- Pets are welcome on the understanding that they are looked after in the proper manner. All pets must be house trained and the number and type of pet must not exceed that agreed at the time of booking.
- Pets must not be allowed on the beds or furniture. The Holidaymaker shall be liable for all damage caused by his/her pet or any pet belonging to the Holidaymaker's party. A charge will be made for any additional cleaning required. The Property Owner cannot be held responsible for any accident or injury to a pet during their stay.
- We are surrounded by countryside and therefore the strictest control of pets will be required at all times. Any damage caused will be the full responsibility of the owner.
- Promotions can be withdrawn at any time at the Property Owners discretion.
- Only one promotion can be used per booking.
- All payments must be paid in pounds sterling.
- Payment is either by:
- Cheque made payable to Mr J Swetman
- Bank transfer (Our bank details on request) made payable to Mr J Swetman
- Cheques should be sent to:
Mr J Swetman
- Any charges raised against the Property Owner by its bank for handling dishonoured cheques, bank transfers or any other payments, must be reimbursed by the Holidaymaker to the Property Owner within seven (7) days of the Property Owner's request to do so.
- No liability can be accepted and no compensation will be paid by the Property Owner, where the Holidaymaker or his personal property (and/or any person in the Holidaymaker's party and/or their personal property) suffer any loss, damage, injury, disappointment, inconvenience or otherwise, or where the performance or prompt performance of any obligations by the Property Owner are prevented or affected, by any event which the Property Owner could not have reasonably foreseen or avoided including war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial action, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions closure of international borders, disease, none availability of transport services, interruption to services/utilities and all similar events outside the control of the Property Owner.
- What Are Cookies:
- Please refer to the www.allaboutcookies.org website for an explanation of what Cookies are and how to manage Cookies on your computer.
- Bennetts Court
- The Bennetts Court website itself stores information in one "Cookie" on your computer. This enables us to share extra information with our Guests using the Bennetts Court Free Wi-fi service. This "cookie" is only set for guests using our Wi-fi service, it is not otherwise set. If your Browser does not allow "cookies" then the extra Guest Information will not be available.
- The Bennetts Court website uses the Google Analytics service and this service may store Cookies on your computer. Please refer to the relevant Google web site for more information about these. Bennetts Court has no control over these Cookies.
- For further information about Google Analytics please see www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy
- To prevent tracking by Google Analytics across all websites visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Third Party Cookies
- To improve your on-line experience, the Bennetts Court website provides links to a number of third party websites and social media services. If you use these links, these services may save information in Cookies stored on your computer. Bennetts Court has no control over these cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for information about these.
What Do You Do With My Personal Data?
- To know who will be staying in our Cottages and for how long;
- To cover Legal, regulatory or business reasons such as assisting with crime and fraud prevention and ensuring we provide the services you have selected;
- To Contact you if necessary;
- To enable us to investigate any complaints or other enquiries that you raise;
How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We keep information while you're a guest and after you've left us for a limited time.
For example, we might need to sort out disagreements, stop fraud and abuse, prove that you had an account with us or follow our legal obligations. Or the police may need it as evidence. We may also keep information about how you use our products or services. In each case, the length of time that we need to keep the information may be different, but we will only keep the information for as long as we need it.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
Who Do You Share My Personal Data With and Why?
We may share your data with the following people:
- With any relevant public authority or law enforcement agency;
- Where there is a change (or prospective change) in the ownership of Bennetts Court Holiday Cottages to new or prospective owners. In these circumstances we would require them to keep it confidential;
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect Bennetts Court Holiday Cottages rights and property;
- In response to a valid, legally compliant request by a competent authority;
- During emergencies when we believe physical safety is at risk;
We do NOT share your data with any other third party.
What Do You Hold About Me?
We collect information in two ways:
- Directly from you in your Booking Request and subsequent contacts;
- Automatically when using our in Cottage WiFi service;
We collect such information as:
- Your contact information including name, address, email address, telephone number and name(s) of other guests in your party;
- First login date for our in cottage WiFi Service;
- MAC Address of your device, Login Code and Time, Data Down and Up, Logout Reason (in cottage WiFi use ONLY);
What Rights Do I Have?
You have the following rights:
- To be informed about how we use your personal data (the purpose of this Privacy Notice);
- To update your personal data;
- To ask us to delete your personal data. However, there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled to retain it;
- To get a free copy of your personal data. A subset of your data (limited to data that you have provided to us) is available in a machine-readable format if required;
- To object to the processing of your data and have it restricted. There may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request;
- The right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
To exercise any of your rights, you will need to contact us at Bennetts Court Holiday Cottages, Whitstone, Holsworthy, Devon, EX22 6UD.
Bennetts Court Holiday Cottages reserve the right to charge an admin fee or refuse a request where requests for data are clearly unreasonable or excessive, particularly if they are repetitive.
How Do You Ensure My Data Is Secure?
Bennetts Court Holiday Cottages is committed to keeping your data secure. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
Security of Communications. Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as e-mails and webmails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered - this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet. Bennetts Court Holiday Cottages cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
What Else Can I Do To Ensure My Data Is Secure?
Along with a section on Privacy, Get Safe Online has plenty of other good advice about protecting yourself online.
How Can I Contact You?
If you would like more information or would like to raise any queries with us in relation to your information, you can contact us by writing to:
Bennetts Court Holiday Cottages, Whitstone, Holsworthy, Devon, EX22 6UD
Change To This Privacy Notice
We will check this policy from time to time and post any changes here. We may also let you know about these changes by email or on-site messages.
Resolving Privacy Issues
We will always try our best to resolve any data privacy issue you may have. You have the right to refer any data privacy issue to the Information Commissioner's Office at any time.